Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C.
Sexual Harassment Prevention
Michigan employment and labor laws and regulations cover a complex network of state, federal, and local laws. They all combine to control how employers must treat employees, former employees, and applicants for employment. Employment regulations also cover relations between management and labor unions.
The employer liability attorneys at Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C., have significant experience in interpreting and construing statutes, case law, and employment regulations in many employment and labor-related areas. Contact the firm to schedule a consultation. Contact one of our employer liability attorneys today for more information.
Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C., works with you, the employer, to make sure you and your business take steps in advance to avoid employer liability claims. Employer liability defense should be equal parts prevention and cure.
- Hiring and Firing - This law firm will consult with you and your human resources staff in the legalities of hiring and firing employees, and advise you in advance about how to handle those who are not hired.
- Employment Contracts / Employee Handbooks - Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C., employer liability defense attorneys have also worked with clients in negotiating and drafting employment contracts and employee handbooks and guidelines for diverse types of businesses employers. Carefully drafted employee handbooks and employment contracts can define the relationship you have with your employees and will let your employees know what you expect from them. This type of clarity can prevent many issues from turning into major problems.
If problems arise after preventive measures, your MI business needs and deserves the services of experienced employer liability defense lawyers who can assist you with skilled negotiation, or, as a last resort, defense against litigation. Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C. represents businesses and employers in diverse types of employer liability claims, including:
- wrongful discharge
- civil rights
- sexual harassment
- retaliatory discharge
- ADA / Americans With Disabilities Act
- FMLA / Family and Medical Leave Act
- EEOC administrative charges / Equal Opportunity Employment Commission
- administrative charges through the MDCR
- Appellate Practice - Michigan Employer Liability
The employer liability attorneys at Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C., are fully prepared to handle your case at any level of appeal. The firm's experienced appellate attorneys have successfully argued cases before the Michigan Court of Appeals, the Michigan Supreme Court, and the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Issues in cases on appeal have included a wide variety of employment-related claims.
The lawyers at Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C., will aggressively represent your interests, whether your Michigan employer liability claim is in or out of court.
Contact the firm today for a confidential consultation about your business and employer liability issues and concerns, including
- employment discrimination,
- whistleblower law,
- employee handbooks,
- hiring employees,
- federal labor law,
- age discrimination,
- EEOC complaint,
- labor laws,
- human resources consulting,
- pre employment screening,
- wrongful termination,
- compliance management,
- Civil Rights Act of 1964,
- retaliation claims,
- hostile work environment defense