Product, Premises, and Construction Liability Defense
Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C.
The Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C., litigation attorneys have significant trial experience in defective products, insurance defense and complex product, premises, and construction liability litigation. The majority of our clients are self-insured and self-directed companies and insurers. Our lawyers have earned excellent reputations as skilled litigators, case evaluators, and negotiators as a result of representing clients in the state and federal courts throughout Michigan. Contact Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C.
Working with Corporate Representatives and their General Counsel
The members of the Litigation Practice Group have considerable experience working closely with corporate representatives and their general counsel to assure that each client's case is being handled aggressively, but in the most cost effective manner.
We have represented numerous international, national and regional corporations as well as small business owners in cases often involving multiple Plaintiffs and Defendants, and complex legal issues before judges and juries throughout MI. We also have extensive experience in a wide variety of alternative dispute resolution forums. Our attorneys have extensive experience and training to represent and guide clients through arbitrations, mediations, facilitations, and private trials.
Bold · Innovative
A few examples of past and current accomplishments of Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C., for our clients are as follows:
- Successfully defeating an attempt at certification by a class of homeowners in a Detroit suburb who suffered extensive property damage to their homes as a result of basement floodings caused by a defect in a waste water sewage system.
- Obtaining a Defendants' verdict in a wrongful death defense case involving a customer who allegedly consumed contaminated food at a restaurant owned by a national restaurant chain.
- Obtaining a Defendant's verdict in a case brought by a customer who was injured by a gunshot by a criminal third party in a pharmacy. We also successfully represented the client throughout the appeal process to the Michigan Supreme Court which affirmed the Defendant's verdict and further protected business owners against claims for injuries caused by criminal third parties.
- Obtaining a premises liability defense verdict for a national residential property manager in a wrongful death claim brought by the mother of a six-year-old girl who drowned in a river adjacent to Defendant's property.
- Obtaining defense verdicts for an international elevator company in product liability cases brought by contractors, employees and the general public who claimed significant injuries as a result of defectively designed, manufactured and constructed elevators and escalators.
- Obtaining defense verdicts in a number of a cases against international restaurant franchisees involving a wide variety of claims including slips and falls, assaults and batteries by employees, contractors, security guards, contaminated food claims and customers discrimination claims.
- Obtaining defense verdicts for the automobile industry in claims brought by contractors and the public claiming a variety of accidents including electrical explosions, product liability claims involving steel processing and metal forming industrial equipment, assembly lines and other industrial machinery.
- Successfully defending manufacturers and distributors of outdoor power equipment, power tools, home appliances, sports and playground equipment and apparel, among others.
Contact Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C., to schedule a consultation with one of our litigation attorneys. If you have questions regarding pending or threatened litigation, one of our attorneys experienced in the law of product, premises, and construction liability will be available to assist you.