Transportation & Logistics
Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C.
Trucking Insurance · Truck Accident Defense
A significant part of our litigation practice at the Michigan law firm of Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C., involves defense of premises liability and personal injury matters. Our attorneys serve as outside counsel for many of the countries largest and most well-known companies. Contact the firm through this Web site or by phone.
Our lawyers regularly handle trucking accidents, conduct post-accident investigations and claims regarding hazardous materials. Because of the depth, breadth and experience of our practice, our service to our transportation and logistics clients begins long before a lawsuit is filed. Clearly the best way to manage the rising cost of claims is to avoid them altogether.
Michigan No-Fault Act
We are well versed in the nuances of the Michigan No-Fault Act. Michigan is a "No Fault" state and as such, motor vehicle liability is governed by the Michigan No-Fault Act and court interpretation of the Act. Economic claims made pursuant to the Act can be first party claims or third party claims depending upon the type of claim made. Residual liability claims for non-economic damages can also be made but are subject to limitations per statute with respect to the seriousness of the claimed injuries and the amount of negligence on the part of the injured motorist. We can serve the needs of any company or individual who uses the roadways of MI in the furtherance of its business either by representation in current litigation or by serving as a consultant on the pressing issues of the No-Fault Act.
We pride ourselves in working closely with our clients to develop sound business and labor practices that reduce their exposure to personal injury claims and lawsuits as a result of the transportation and logistics operations. If a lawsuit is filed, we defend our clients' interest thoroughly and aggressively.
Our transportation and logistics group has:
- Provided labor and employment advice to large national transportation companies
- Handled litigation arising from all varieties of transportation accidents
- Advised transportation companies on the transfer of property to a subsidiary
- Litigated various disputes for parcel service companies, relocation companies and other trucking and transportation entities
- Advised transportation companies on corporate restructuring, reorganization and asset protection
- Represented transportation companies as secured and unsecured creditors in a bankruptcy proceeding
- Represented transportation clients on customs matters
- Incorporated new transportation entities
- Handled disputes regarding premises liability and damage claims
- Conducted post-accident investigations
- Represented transportation companies on various international matters
To schedule a consultation with an experienced MI transportation logistics attorney regarding truck crashes, personal injury defense, freight logistics consulting for commercial truck enterprises, federal labor laws, and regulations concerning handling hazardous materials or disposing of hazardous waste, contact Blake, Kirchner, Symonds, Larson, Kennedy & Smith, P.C.